Director of Somatics
Evo is an addiction program that believes that respects where you are and where you want to go. Evo’s goal is the client’s lasting health and wellness, working with their needs as a whole, complex person. Clients work with professionals to determine outcomes that work for them, based on what’s best for their lives.
Evo is seeking a collaborative and thoughtful Director of Somatics to design the somatic components of the treatment program. The Director of Somatics will design 1-1 and group somatic therapy program elements, deliver therapy, and grow the department.
Evo sees somatics as an integral part of overcoming addiction. For clients who often look to substances to physically alter the way they feel, somatic work can help develop new understandings of the relationship between oneself and the body. Somatics can be an alternative mind-altering experience or it can help clients pause and develop new tools to regulate their bodies and feel comfortable in their own skin.
Evo’s program integrates the somatic department into assessment and treatment planning rather than providing a la carte spa services, with the purpose of deepening talk therapy and case management engagement. We see it as a way for clients to build skills to ride out the ups and downs of their experience.
About the Program
As an intensive outpatient program, Evo’s core program elements draw from the effectiveness of the most intensive and successful programs. The treatment is individualized, built around three components: talk therapy, somatics, and engagement. Core principles:
- You don’t have to stop to start. You set goals that work for you, whether they include complete abstinence or moderation.
- Integration into your life. You don’t have to put your life on pause for treatment. Integrating care into your regular life leads to long-term success.
- No judgement or moralizing. We believe that you are doing your best, even when it is most challenging. We don’t think you are sick or broken and we don’t think “tough love” works. Instead, we provide compassionate, loving care.
- Design the somatic components of the addiction program
- Identify core deliverables
- Develop a referral network for additional services
- Work directly with clients in individual and group sessions
- Recruit and train additional staff to meet census demands
- Appropriately support the population Evo serves within the Evo framework/model.
- Values and practices a collaborative approach with clients, rooted in curiosity about the client’s experience and an emphasis on slowing down to understand the client.
- Ability to clearly articulate the purpose and direction of the approach with client(s)
- Readiness to collaborate and communicate with treatment team to deliver a cohesive program
- Applicable Somatics licensure and/or certifications
- Hours include: individual sessions with clients, group work, and case consultation meetings.
- Approximately 20 hours/week
- Competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com